Thursday 9 July 2015

Halls Creek, Past Doon Doon Roadhouse

 
Halls Creek, interesting, walked into the Information Centre, asked how far was the Wolfe Creek Crater and could I take my Motor Home there.,   she said no worries, road is open, its only 160ks unsealed., WTF, my navman showed 265ks unsealed., Tunami Road can get a bit rough...., will leave this one for my next trip....maybe I need a little 4wd hmmmmmmm. 
I have learned not to trust ppl that work in these places, have been sent on some rough roads before.
 






Stopped for lunch, sith a cow and beautiful river, met a German couple cycling Aus., they stayed at a station night before, the cows surrounded there tent, they could hear chewing all night LOL









 
 
People ask me Arn't you afraid of the big Road Trains? I answer no, I trust that they know what they are doing, its the cowboys' in 4WDs towing those light half Caravans that pop up, had one today frighten the day lights out of me, up my arse for a long time, road was uphill, windey and double lines all the way, no where for him to pass, I exellerated a bit, but didn't want to speed, finally I found a side stop and pulled in., got on my radio and told him he was a bit tooooo close for comfort, he came back with un speakable language, I said, well at least I am enjoying my journey.

Pulled into Warman Creek Roadhouse 15mins later to find the rig and his mates car parked there. Well I did look for them even stopped in front of the Van for a few minutes, the pricks didn't show, guessing they were embarrassed that they didn't get too far.

I tell you was it worth the antagonistic behaviour just to go get something to eat????? I took off, went slowly for an hour, they didn't show.

No comments:

Post a Comment