Tuesday 14 July 2015

Kunanara NT 11/07/2015

 
What a beautiful place Kununurra is, went to Coles bought water and Ginger Beer, no fruit or veg, too close go the border, WA/NT, Saw a croc under glass, drove by the park and ate my lunch.
I've lost the cover off one of the vents over the ensuite.
 
 
 
 
 







Went over The Dunham Bridge, it actually opens up for ships to go through. Gorgeous mountain ranges.

















Saddle Creek free camp, met wonderful people,



As I was walking around, a lady yelled out, are you on your own, come over when your settled and sit with us. I mentioned to Mari and Lester that my vent cover flew off, Lester got up, went looking for a ladder
 
 
Mari and Lester 


Pete and Maggie


Lester cut up a thick piece of rubber matting I had Lester taped it to the roof, while Pete held the ladder, it will be good till I can get it fixed. Paul climbed the ladder and cleaned my Solar Panels. Can't believe that these wonderful people wanted to help me.


This is Alex, a young backpacker from Germany, been on the road in her station wagon 9 mnths, working on stations.

When I opened my door the next morning, there was a lettuce, half a container of mushrooms, a carrot, onion and tomato, left on my chair.  as they were going over the boarder they preferred to leave me the vegies instead of having them confiscated at quarantine, I was so overwhelmed the tears flowed.  Thankyou beautiful ppl, may you find happiness and joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment