Monday 8 June 2015

Lake Bollard WA, statues "Inside Australia"

It was quite warm last night, opened the vent so I could look at the stars. A gentle breeze swept over me, I fell asleep. Woke early morning to a bad cramp in my right calf, I quickly jumped out of bed, missed the first step, slid off the second step onto the floor, well it worked, too busy worrying about spraining my ankle that I didn't notice the cramp LOL.
 
8.00am on the road again, poured diesel at the 24hr automated pump.
    
Stopped at the old historical cemetery at Menzies first, found an inner peace, all these graves neatly in a row, quarts stones surrounded them, many had tin as head stones, lovely worked flowers in tin, there were cradles over the young babes, these were made of tin also. I'm guessing tin was the in thing back in the late 1800's early 1900's
 
 
Off to Lake Ballard, 50ks of thick dust, I had to drive in the middle of the road because the edges were soft, the road was lovely and wide. I was called up and passed by a 4WD. Couldn't see anything as he past. When I caught up with him at the Lake, he said "well you don't see that in these parts", I asked what? Motorhomes out here LOL,    
 
 
 

Its a dry lake, there is a shimmer coming off it, there are 51 iron statues depicting the  people of the town, placed all around it. There called "Inside Australia". I didn't understand them, they all looked the same., very sexual incantation., I think it would've been better if they promoted the Lake instead.


There were islands in the lake, as we walked we sank slightly, its wet underneath. This place is enormous.


Had to put Athena up on ramps, it was very sloping.
How beautiful this lake is, gorgeous, changes colour at sunset and sunrise, This is what I perceive Lake Eyre to be like., only on a larger scale, its given me the courage to go there on my own eventually, can't wait to see it too.

The Stars so brilliant here, the Milky Way so thick.

I asked Sam to send me a shooting star, he did, an orange ball of fire, falling into the nothingness.

No comments:

Post a Comment