Thursday 21 May 2015

Off to Western Australia Thurs 21/05/2015

Had a fantastic sleep, woke at 8.00am, I couldn't believe it, I had a Caravan parked up close to me and camper in front. This place is huge, I'm amazed how close people park.

Drove Athena to the showers, it was too wet for me to walk, had a fantastic hot pressure $1 shower.
Made coffee and then followed Miss Daisy back onto the Eyre Hwy, onward west.

We stopped for morning tea at a fantastic spot overlooking the  calm ocean.


 
 

Yakked with fellow travellers over the two way. Saw a cop pull over two cars, then this government looking 4WD, devided to follow us, pass and then wait for us a few ks up, then follow us again. WEIRD!!!!!!

Went to another look out, there was a yourng german couple broken down there, I asked if they wete ok, they were happy enought, just waiting for a mechanic, he asked if I was the mechanic, LOL. we left them safe when a police 4wd pulled up with a mechanic.


Stopped at Border Village for brunch, Mushrooms on toast. Then over to the quarantine station to hand over my lemon, the lady boarded Athena, was happy to see Sam Bear, wished me luck and off again.





Stopped at Eucla, did the tourist thing, saw the Telegraph Station, the sand has taken it over, the air strips, and the cross of the traveller







We pulled up at a beautiful spot Najada Rock Pool, approx 40ks out of Eucla.
A solo lady pulled in after us. Julie 72 yrs, has travelled from Queensland, across the top and now is heading east. Her heritage is Italian French, her ancestors came out in the 1800's and started a dairy farm. Julie's husband sas Thai, she still lives in Thailand with her children, her husband  passed away from bowel cancer 5 years ago.

Here we are three hurting, lost ladies, sharing a camp fire, gorgeous sunset, and looking at the stars, pure bliss. Hope I'm still travelling at 72 yrs.




No comments:

Post a Comment