Thursday 28 May 2015

Free Camping Goulgarde WA Thurs 28/5

We left early this morning, I'd like to share what our routine is when we're back on the road.

Me:  Radio check, Miss Daisy
Sharon: My ears are on Athena
Me: Wagons hoooooo

After a little while I asked to stop soon I was getting hungry as we didn't have brekky., a male voice came over the radio, "you won't get anything till you get to Kali" then he asked which way were we heading, I said straight, he laughingly replied, left or right, I replied, which ever way the wind blows, he replied, the wind was blowing him side ways at the moment., I asked where are you, he replied behind you. I couldn't see anyone, then in the far distance I could see a Road Train coming up fast.

He got really close, I asked if he wanted me to drive his truck, he laughed and backed off, well then Sharon decided to have a conversation with him, His getting closer again, I'm getting closer to Miss Daisy, till there were only a few metres between us all, I said my isn't this cosy., he backed off again., He didn't overtake us till Norseman, he just wanted to talk, LOL.,

Norseman, is where Wilson's Diesel Mechanics is, where I was broken down on my last journey. I went in and yelled out, "is this where the crappy mechanic is" Travis had a smile, he sort of remembered me., Graham's still working hard, still saying one day I'll be on the road too......
Travis was nice enough to check both Athena's and Miss Daisy's tyres, even the spares. Thanks Travis.

We're stopped at a 24hr free camp, with water and a dump spot, only regulation is that we take our rubbish, don't empty our grey water, and if we could please shop in the town., we went down and bought food for tonight.,

Met a solo male John, 83 yes young, been travelling full time for 20 months, bless his heart.



No comments:

Post a Comment